Due to compressed schedule this week, the article is streamlined to just star treatment with thorough detail on pressure, packages, and scheme on the defense podcast with Sarah Ellison.
- (Q1, 14:24): He was held by LT Wills but no flag was thrown on PM14 to RB Chubb
- (Q1, 2:49): He stood up pulling TE Njoku to turn RB Chubb inside for RM0
- (Q2, 1:09): He beat RT Conklin inside for pressure shared with Oweh as Brissett threw incomplete to RB Hunt nearly intercepted by Bynes
- (Q2, 0:43): On 3rd/20, he bulled RT Conklin for pressure as Brissett threw PR4 (-5 + 9)  to Hunt to force punt
- (Q3, 5:52): He turned the right edge inside vs. pulling LG Bitonio as Clark crashed off the edge for tackle with B. Washington assist
- (Q4, 10:34): He foiled the pulls of both RG Froholdt and C Pocic to force Chubb inside but missed tackle and dragging resulted in RR12
- (Q4, 9:53): He was blocked by LG Bitonio as part of Chubb RL22
- (Q4, 3:12): He knocked down Brissett’s pass at the LoS off pressure from Queen
- (Q4, 3:10): He was blocked by RG Froholdt on Chubb RR5
- (Q4, 2:33): On 3rd/2, he bulled then shed RT Conklin inside to flush Brissett left on what would eventually become PR7 (5 +2)  to WR Bell
He made a number of edge-setting wins, pressure, and his 3rd PD in 3 games. Jason had contributions to 2 drive-ending plays.
- (Q1, 1:50): He beat RT Conklin and help from RG Froholdt to flush Brissett who threw to TE Njoku PM10 (4 + 6) 
- (Q2, 1:01): After ATS, he chased down Brissett for a late S-1
- (Q2, 0:53): On the next play, he beat LT Wills outside for S-9 and dislodged the football which was recovered by C Pocic
- (Q3, 12:04): On 3rd/13, he beat RT Conklin outside for initial pressure forcing Brissett to step up where Campbell delivered SF-12 recovered by Oweh
- (Q4, 2:18): On 3rd/12, he beat LT Wills inside by getting him to lunge. He failed to bring down Brissett but flushed him left and Oweh chased him OOB to bring up 4th/5
Justin had contributions to 2 drive-ending plays and was on the field for 2 turnovers and 4 sacks among just 14 snaps. The Browns averaged 2.3 YPP in his snaps.
- (Q2, 12:42): On 3rd/19, he worked off the block of LT Wills to tackle Chubb RL5
- (Q2, 9:01): Off initial pressure from Madubuike, he disengaged from RT Conklin for a clean-up QH as Brissett threw incomplete. RTP flag was thrown, but subsequently picked up.
- (Q2, 1:01): He beat TE Bryant then RB Hunt outside to eventually flush Brissett which led to Houston’s clean-up S-1
- (Q3, 12:04): He disengaged from LT Wills to recover SF-12 by Campbell
- (Q4, 10:34): He missed the tackle at 5 on RB Chubb RR12
- (Q4. 2:45): On 3rd/5, he beat LT Wills outside with speed/shoulder dip for QH as Brissett threw to WR Peoples-Jones PR37 (29 + 8) . There was no flag for late QH.
- (Q4, 2:18): On 3rd/12, he chased Brissett out of bounds for RL7 off initial pressure from Houston to bring up 4th/5
Odafe lived on the edge with 2 near-RTP calls on QHs. He also contributed to 3 drive-ending plays.
- (Q1, 14:24): He was blocked by C Pocic and RG Froholdt as Brissett threw to Chubb PM14 (-2 + 16) 
- (Q1, 10:37): On 3rd/5, he touched down TE Njoku on PR4 (4 + 0) 
- (Q2, 14:06): He penetrated through a double pull from C Pocic and LG Bitonio to tackle Hunt RL-5
- (Q2, 13:24): On the next play, he penetrated through the left B-gap to tackle Hunt RM-4
- (Q2, 8:55): On 3rd/18, he assisted Pepe Williams to knock TE Njoku OOB PR7 (-1 + 8) 
- (Q3, 13:23): He was initially blocked by Chubb when blitzing through left A-gap but recovered for S-5 off pressure from Bynes
- (Q4, 10:54): He was blocked by LG Bitonio in L2 on Chubb RM12
- (Q4, 9:53): He was blocked by TE Forristall on Chubb RL22
- (Q4, 9:26): He was blocked by RT Conklin to lead Hunt RR6
- (Q4, 3:12): He provided initial pressure through right A-gap as Pierre-Paul knocked down Brissett’s pass
- (Q4, 3:10): He pursued for an athletic take down of Chubb RR5 near right sideline on otherwise well-blocked play
- (Q4, 2:38): He assisted Hamilton on take down of TE Bryant shovel reception for PM1 (-2 + 3) 
Patrick had 3 tackles for loss and 7 defensive wins among his team-leading 11 tackle contributions. I did not score him for a missed tackle. A common thread in the successful Browns run plays was getting a player to block Queen effectively. Block shedding remains an area for improvement.
- Justin Houston
- Jason Pierre-Paul
- Patrick Queen