Due to compressed travel schedule this week, the article is streamlined to just star treatment with thorough detail on pressure, packages, and scheme on the defense podcast.
- (Q2 0:02): He recovered the sack fumble caused by Queen but was unable to get free for return as the half ended
- (Q3, 2:48): On 2nd/5, he rushed unblocked off the ORS, grabbed QB Jones, and forced a throw away
- (Q4, 12:54): He crashed unblocked off the ORS to wrap up RB Barkley RR0 with assist from Queen
- (Q4, 8:05): He filled the right C-gap to tackle RB Breida RR1 with assist from Bynes
- (Q4, 2:45): He made an open-field tackle on TE Bellinger PR7 (4 + 3)  with assist from Humphrey
- (Q4, 1:24): On 2nd/5, he was beaten by Barkley’s spin move on RR6, game-sealing play
Of his 6 tackles, 2 were defensive wins by the FO definition.
- (Q1, 5:49): On 3rd/7, he beat RG Glowinski outside for QH as QB Jones underthrew WR Johnson to force a punt
- (Q2, 4:25): He assisted Travis Jones on Barkley RM1
- (Q2, 0:02): He helped contain QB Jones after initial pressure from Oweh and before SF0 by Queen
- (Q3, 2:42): On 3rd/15, he stunted past LG Ezedu for S-11 to force a field goal
Calais contributed to 3 drive-ending plays.
- (Q1, 9:33): He overwhelmed C Feliciano for fast S-6 as the Giants lineman claimed IH
- (Q1, 7:07): On 1st/15, he bulled then beat RG Glowinski outside for QH as QB Jones threw PR5
- (Q2, 15:00): On 2nd/7, he was pancaked by LG Bredeson’s cut block then got up to tackle Barkley RM2
- (Q2, 4:25): He bulled then shed C Feliciano to tackle Barkley RM1 with assist from Campbell
- (Q4, 8:48): He was held up by LG Bredeson to help lead Barkley RM8
Travis had his heaviest workload to date (36 snaps) and held up well. Of his 4 tackles, 3 were defensive wins. His play vs the run and as a pass rusher was one of the positive indicators from a bad game.
- (Q2, 7:29): On 3rd/14, QB Jones completed PL18 (16 + 2)  to WR Slayton behind Queen and in front of Humphrey
- (Q2, 0:02): After initially being blocked wide, he followed up on Oweh pressure, and containment by Campbell and Pierre-Paul for SF0 recovered by Clark
- (Q3, 13:14): On 3rd/11, he stunted then bulled LT Thomas and C Feliciano into QB Jones for pressure as he threw incomplete for WR Robinson
- (Q3, 5:03): On 3rd/5, he tackled Barkley PR4 (2 + 2)  which brought up 4th/1 but Oweh was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the play
- (Q3, 4:08): He penetrated behind the pulling LG Ezedu but missed the tackle at 1 on Barkley RR7
- (Q4, 12:54): He assisted Clark on Barkley RR0
- (Q4, 2:50): He rushed unblocked off the OLS for pressure as QB Jones’ pass for WR Slayton was knocked away by Humphrey
Patrick has now been in position for 5 turnover contributions in the last 4 games although only 2 have come to fruition. Among his team-leading 7 tackle contributions, 4 were defensive wins.
I do not award defensive MVPs after a loss.